Monday 31 August 2015

Time Does Heal

Hello !

A few posts back, I mentioned that I was going on a tour of the battlefields in Belgium and France and it was a very moving trip but there's one particular element I want to talk about today . We visited several different countries monuments to their soldiers but there was one that really stuck with me. Possibly because it was very different to the others and possibly because of where it was located . The Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial is on the grounds of the only preserved  trenches on the Somme. During the war the trenches were a place of misery, disease and death but now, at the Newfoundland memorial park they have been allowed to recover, for grass to grow again and planted wild flowers. The shocking thing is, when I arrived, I wasn't taken away by the devastation of what happened there. I was overwhelmed by the beauty of what it was now.



As I walked around , I couldn't help but think how the whole place was a brilliant example through nature of time healing. Despite the intensity of the devastation of the war which left this place a complete mess, over time it has become a place of beauty. Time does heal but it takes a long time. However because it takes so long, people forget. They lose faith in time and begin to think it's hopeless. It's not hopeless .





The first picture isn't of brilliant quality because of the times it was taken but it was the best way I could represent what this place was originally. But the other two pictures,  I took while I was there and you can see the contrast and the beauty and it is impossible to deny that time does heal.

When stuff is going wrong and you're scared, you want quick solutions to make everything go away as fast as possible. But those solutions either not there or tend to be not very effective long term. You have to give time, time . No one wants to deal with pain and upset but it is necessary even when it hurts, if you don't take it and deal with it now, it will catch up on you and hurt a lot more. So give it time. It will hurt less, gradually the pain will decrease and become manageable. Maybe one day you can learn from it or use it to make something beautiful like the Newfoundland Memorial. But for now just know, it will get better .

Stay Strong <3 Stay Smiley :)

lots of love, Marianne xxx

Pinterest : Little Hopeful
Twitter : @MyHappyBubbleXx
BlogLovin : Don'tBurstMyBubbleXx
Email : MyHappyBubbleXx@outlook.com 

13 comments:

  1. This is such an uplifting post, such wise words. xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! That's very kind of you to say :)

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  2. Wow, I loved your observation! This was quite comforting!

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you enjoyed it !

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  3. LOVED this post!! You are so right! Time definitely does heal all wounds and it will always find a way to make things right, whether it be that it takes a week, a month, a year, or even years. This places definitely looks very beautiful now. It's amazing what time can do with time. I've currently been going through something and at times I feel a bit devastated but I know that it happened for a reason and with time I'll be okay. Thank you for this little reminder :) Have a lovely day Marianne x

    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! Sometimes it's easy to get fed up of waiting and turn to other methods of trying to make yourself feel better or just ignoring the pain but it's so important to give time a chance :) I really hope whatevers been going on for you gets better really soon <3 Big hugs :)

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  4. You never fail to amaze me with how unconditionally positive your writing is and I admire you so much for that! This is absolutely wonderful and I love how you've talked about the history and culture, but also made it relevant to the modern day- you're ace! x

    goodmorningbelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much :) That's so kind of you to say ! You've really made my day !

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  5. Marianne, you are an amazing writer and such a beautiful person! I love that you were able to see something so positive where something so tragic happened! Thank you for sharing your photos and your experiences, what an awesome holiday to take! I love learning about all kinds of historical events and visiting historical sites and now I can live vicariously through you! This was such a beautiful post, so happy you are back! XO -Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was so sweet ! Thank you it's really lovely of you to say something like that :) I've been working on taking something positive out of everything I see because there always is something even if it's so small you have to look for It :) It was a brilliant place to visit purely for the fact that if we don't remember tragic events like the war then we wont learn from them and they'll happen again :) I'm really glad you liked the post , your opinions mean the world to me as I love your blog so so much :)

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  6. This was actually a really lovely post, time really does heal over time and the memorial was such a great example to use!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I'm really happy you liked it :) It's really easy to forget in the stress of the moment that stuff just simply gets better if you let it be :)

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh, thank you ! That is so so lovely of you to say , it really made my day :) You're such a kind, lovely person :) Don't worry I wont be stopping any time soon , I had a lil bit of writers block but now I'm all ready to go again and bursting with ideas !

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    ReplyDelete