Thursday 6 August 2015

A Quick Chat ..

Heyy there !

I don't know if you've noticed but I haven't really been around that much and I'm trying to post on my scheduled day but if I'm honest a lot of things happened that make that pretty difficult at the moment. Firstly my phone broke so I had to get a new one yesterday meaning I loosed the photos that were for the recipe post that was due to be posted today ( I'll sort it and get them done for next week ) but that kind of threw me today. I'm also going on holiday with my family next week and then to Belgium with my aunt to see the battlefields. I'm really excited to go away with my family and just get away for a while ( even if I haven't packed yet hehe ) I think it's really important to just get away once into a while to somewhere where no one knows who you are, I find you begin to act like you again :) I will hopefully ( we're not sure if there's wifi ) post whilst I'm away with my family but when I go to Belgium I'm pretty sure I won't be able to, so if I disappear again then that's where I've gone !

As we're here and you've been ever so lovely and read through all my slightly confusing scheduling issues hehe, we might as well have a quick chat about a few other little things :) Firstly, have you heard Fight Song ? I'm not a massive fan of the original but a musician called Charlotte Campbell covered it and oh my gosh I love it ! I can't stop playing it :) Another one of her covers that is so genuinely lovely is Wasn't Expecting That, I couldn't not mention it.

 
 

I've also been really enjoying doing creative things recently. I just love making stuff look pretty and I want to start being crafty again ( Pinterest here I come ) I think my next stop is learn how to knit and there's a DIY in a book called Life With A Sprinkle Of Glitter where you get a three part frame and stick a different map ( 3 important places to you or whoever you've giving it to ) in each frame ! If I was you I'd definitely buy the book because it explains it a lot better than me aha. But when I do this I'll make it into a blog DIY. I just think it would make the cutest gift !

Also in the world of Marianne, a few months back I started piano lessons again ! I played piano for a long time when I was very young but I just didn't particularly enjoy it and it took me a long time to quit and I didn't want to practise because It was effort and it was just a lot of extra work if I'm completely honest and because of that, I was rubbish.  But this time I'm a lot older and one day I just thought, I'd really like to play piano again . So I asked my dad and he got me some lessons but we decided not to work towards grades because I didn't need extra pressure. I have been going now for about two months and I love going to my lessons ! I'm not good at piano and I don't feel the need to be. Nothing depends on me learning to play well and because of that I just have to try what I can do and I always leave feeling really calm because when I make a mistake I actually just laugh at myself now . It's amazing what you can achieve after a few weeks of just trying ( admittedly a lot of trying ) but still just trying . Be kind to yourself, you don't have to be amazing at something to enjoy it, enjoy being not good at something . No one wants to be the best, being the best is boring. You'd have nothing else to learn !

* Que another quick topic change* Me and my boyfriend have been trying to get through all of the doctor who episodes from the ninth doctor onwards . We're now on the sixth series, I want us to get to the end of series 8 before the new series comes out in September ! Is anyone else super excited for that ? Let me know if there's any whovians reading this blog, in the comments :)

Right, I feel I've rambled enough now ! This is a very old style, chatty post . I don't usually do these anymore because I did a lot of them on my previous blog but I just fancied having a chat and getting a few of the smaller things I wanted to share with you into a post :) I'd actually quite like to do a few more personal posts on my blog, a little like this so let me know if you'd enjoy reading that or just prefer my usual stuff !

Stay Strong <3 Stay Smiley :)

lots of love, Marianne xxx

Pinterest : Little Hopeful
Twitter : @MyHappyBubbleXx
BlogLovin : Don'tBurstMyBubbleXx

11 comments:

  1. Don't worry about it :) I hope you have a lot of fun on your vacation! :D It sounds like theres a lot of fun ahead of you :) I know what you mean about starting to act more like yourself in a new place. That's why I want to (at some point in my life) go on a vacation by myself and just get to know myself better. I think that's something we should all do, it would really allow ourselves to just take a breather from your everyday life. I've only ever seen one episode of doctor who, it was really interesting though :D I kind of want to start watching it.

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I had a great time :) I completely agree ! I love the idea of just going away and letting yourself be completely uninfluenced , I think it would be really interesting to see the results :) I would definitely recommend doctor who ! The new series starts September 19th I think, if you wanted somewhere to start :)

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  2. AAAA I got goose bumps! your voice is so beautiful! Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very sweet voice but unfortunately it's not mine ! It's a wonderful youtuber called Charlotte Campbell's voice and you should definitely check out her channel :)

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  3. I've been obsessed with " fight song" lately and that is a lovely cover of it. I've been feeling pretty creative these past few weeks. I started with upcycing a pair of jeans into a skirt , then I painted a wizard of oz themed picture and I'm now doing paper quilling. Creating things keeps me distracted and express myself. plus it's so much fun! I'm a whovian but I just haven't had time to watch any episodes ( I'm still in series 2). It's awesome that you are learning piano , keep going with it. It is an amazing skill to have. I've been playing for about 8 years and I love it. I know this is a long comment but this post made me happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It means the world to me that the post made you happy ! I really appreciate you taking so much time to comment :) Fight song is just so empowering , I can't get enough of it ! Wow , that's a lot of creativity :) I love the idea of upcycling clothes and have always wanted to give it a go :) I didn't even know paper quilting was a thing but you've got me curious now so i'll have to look it up hehe ! Thank you , I really appreciate the support, I'm really enjoying learning to play :)

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  4. Good for you for getting back into piano lessons! :) I also enjoy playing because I never did grades myself. I always just wanted to learn fun songs for myself and because of that, I enjoyed it. So I think you're on the right track!

    Enjoy your family trip!! :)

    ~Lor @ http://cozycomfyhome.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I'm not doing grades either because I don't want to add an element of pressure as it's just a hobby and I'm really loving it :) I'm glad someone else had the same Idea, I'm loving hearing about everyone elses piano experiences in the comments I'm finding it really encouraging !

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  5. Oh my god, Charlotte Campbell! I saw her on the south bank of london recently, and she's freaking amazing!

    theamandaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is ! She's very talented and actually busks for a living which I think is pretty cool :)

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  6. It's something I've only recently been getting to grips with and it's impacted really positively on my life so I really want to tell other people about it incase it can do the same for them ! Thank you, I'm really grateful for that, I just needed some time for myself :)

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    ReplyDelete