On Tuesday I talked about how to treat you body and a few ideas on how to feel better about yourself from the inside out ! ( If you missed it you can read it here ) So Today lets talk about a few simple bits and bobs that you can incorporate into your everyday life to increase your happiness and self esteem :)
- Make a positivity book ! Buy a small notebook and keep it by your bedside. Every night write one good thing that happened or made you smile each day no matter how bad your day was. When you look back through it, you'll see it was a pretty good life :)
- Just let yourself live. Get rid of the endless routines and scheduling ( I speak from experience here ) I got to a point where I had to have a schedule and if it went wrong then I'd get panicky but that meant it had to be planned to the minute which made me feel overwhelmed and snowed under ! Neither of these are good. I found the best way to break off from this is to make a list of 3 things each day that you'd LIKE to achieve. Just little things and it doesn't matter if you don't do them. I just find it helps me give my day a sense of purpose !
- DRESS FOR YOU ! I can't highlight this enough. Dress however you feel most confident. This is about making you feel good in yourself. Take some time to go shopping, try on lots of different clothes and don't buy anything unless it makes you feel ready to take on the world ! There's a brilliant chapter on this in Louise Pentland's new book, Life With A Sprinkle Of Glitter . A book I would happily recommend to anyone :)
- Do something you're good at ... or find something you're good at :) It's really important to have a hobby that makes you feel good about yourself , it could help you meet people, build your self esteem, help you relax and way more ! If you haven't already got a hobby that you enjoyed ( If you have one already but you don't enjoy, just leave it. If it's not making you happy it's not worth your time ) then don't sit there thinking that your useless with no talents. You are talented but you're not going to find out what at , if you don't go out giving stuff a go <3
- Do something you're not good at ! ... Seriously, try something new . You're not going to be good at it at first but stick with it and you can do it :) I really wanted to start yoga for ages and then the other week I joined a class and I was AWFUL ! I fell onto the woman next to me. I fell flat on my face. Honestly, you name it, I fell on it hehe :) But I'm going back because I want to be good at it and that's going to take a long time but it will be worth it :)
- Self Date. I've only started thinking about it recently but I've found it really beneficial . Take some time to get to know who you are without the influence of other people. Buy a new book and go to the local coffee shop and treat yourself to reading with a yummy hot chocolate and extra marshmallows ! Or plan a perfect duvet day just for you . ( YOu can find my post " How to ... Duvet Day " here ) Dress yourself up and cook yourself a fancy meal for one ! Because you are worth it ! Let me know your ideas for self dating in the comments :)
- Be compassionate. Be kind to others and you will feel so much happier and warm and fuzzy in yourself ! Try leaving a few hopeful notes a week or smiling at that stranger who you walked past this morning .
I really hope some of these tips are helpful ! Let me know your favourite in the comments or if you have anymore tips feel free to share them :) And be sure to come back tomorrow for the final post of Self-Love week, I'm doing a DIY on how to make yourself a Self-Care box for those days when you're feeling a little crappy and need a lift or just a bit of TLC <3
Stay Strong <3 Stay Smiley :)
Lots of love, Marianne xxx
Pinterest : Little Hopeful