It's the last day of Self-Love Week ! I really hope you've enjoyed this past weeks posts and that they helped you in some way ! Today I thought we'd do a DIY because why not ? We're going to make a self care to help you pick yourself up when you're feeling a bit crap and need some TLC . Also this will prove to yourself that the only one you need to help you become happy again is you !
1. The first things I put in my self care box were a couple of sweets because when you're feeling rubbishy .. you need chocolate ! ( If you're lactose intolerant please don't put chocolate in because I really don't want you to die ... that's not what I was going for with this post ) I also put I what I like to call my hopeful note book. In this notebook I keep all my favourite positive quotes to write on hopeful notes ! I like to write hopeful notes when I'm feeling down because It's kind of therapeutic to write what I need to hear at that moment in time because no matter how rubbish you feel, you're not the only one and you can give someone the comfort that you need :) If you're not a hopeful then still keep a notebook in your box but adapt it to you ! You could use it to write down how you feel, if that's your thing. Or you could plan the future and places you'd like to go to get you feeling a lil bit more optimistic again ! Or you could even switch it for a sketch book if you like drawing :) The final thing I added to this layer was the lush massage bar - Soft Coeur. This massage bar smells so strongly of chocolate that I wanted to eat it ! It's brilliant for your skin and oh my gosh you have to try it. If you'd rather have something that would relax you then I recommended the Lush dreamtime bath melt . To be honest, you need something from lush in there... if for nothing else then because no everything in my box smells gorgeous !
2. Then I thought I needed some things to make me feel better. So I popped in some tissues to dry up any tears and then a face mask and some nail varnish to make yourself feel pampered and special .. because you are special :) I'm loving the Barry M Speedy Quick Dry nail varnish in the shades " Kiss Me Quick" and "Road Rage". They dry ridiculously quick , seriously if you're anywhere near as impatient as me then you need this in your life :) Then to get you laughing again , you need a comedy ! There's nothing like a good giggle to get you back on your feet and for me , Russell Howards Live DingleDodies never fails to make me laugh. No matter how many times I watch it!
3. Finally I added a few bits and bobs to put the smile back in your face. Like Louise Pentland's ( Sprinkle of Glitter) new book , "Life With A Sprinkle Of Glitter " which my sister bought me for my birthday last Sunday and I've read to whole book. It's amazing and full of feel good talk and motivation ! If you haven't read it, you definitely should ! Of course, you could put any book you like in the box, even a colouring book if you don't feel like reading ! I also added some hot chocolate sachets .. hot chocolate will make it all okay , trust me :) Then, just to tip me over the edge, back into complete happiness .. BUBBLES ! I LOVE BUBBLES !!!! They're so much un and so beautiful and I'm going to shut up about bubbles now .. ;)
As well as all this I mixed in lots of quotes and nice messages to myself on scraps of paper :) My favourite quote that I put in my box is :
" Even the darkest hour has only 60 minutes "
- Morris Mandel
But you can put whatever you like in your box ! I'll list a few ideas to get you started and is you have some more then I'd love to hear them in the comments !
- Hot Chocolate
- Favourite recipe card
- Nail Polish
- Bath Products
- Jar of favourite memories
- Photos of loved ones
- Something that makes you feel good ( E.g. Favourite jewellery or accessory )
Stay Strong <3 Stay Smiley :)
lots of love, Marianne xxx
Pinterest : Little Hopeful