Friday 13 January 2017

The Yoga Diaries | Week Five

Hello, Lovely People!


This week I went back to yoga for the first time following the Christmas break. I was a lil bit nervous about the session because if you recall week four of yoga did not go quite as well as I hoped because I went to circuit training first and was exhausted to the point of almost fainting by the first 15 min of Yoga. If you missed week four then you can read all about it here. So, it may not come as a surprise to you but this week I gave circuit training a miss and instead had some me time whilst my girlfriend went and then she had some time to herself whilst I went to yoga, I really like this new plan because it's helping me meet my January goal of having more me time. I definitely felt more capable in yoga and although I didn't feel as strong as I did in week 3 ( to be fair though that was a month ago ) I knew that I was holding poses for much longer and I even did a little better on the flow routines that I usually struggle on! I'm really looking forward to next week and improving my skills, I know I'm the worst in the class and that makes me feel a lil bit rubbish sometimes but it's okay to embrace being bad at something if it's making you happy.







What went well: I coped better with the fast pace of the flow routines.

What I need to improve: I feel like my lack of confidence in the class affects my focus and therefore my performance.



How I'm going to improve it: I'm going to buy some of my own equitment, only the basics like a yoga mat and a nice yoga top but enough to give me some more confidence. It will show myself that I am worth making an investment in myself because I do have the ability to be good at this if I keep trying no matter what everybody else thinks.

Stay Strong <3 Stay Smiley :) 

Lots of love, Marianne xxx

21 comments:

  1. Well done for going back to your yoga sessions, even though you didn't feel as though you left on a high note before Christmas, that's really great :) Buying your own equipment sounds like a great way of improving in between classes too - good luck!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I guess you've just got to get going again so that you don't lose too much confidence :) yeah they're selling yoga stuff in Aldi at the minute so it's a good time !

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  2. I think investing in a few pieces of your own is a great idea! Mats don't have to be super expensive, after all, and you can probably catch some good sales for a shirt or something right now. And try not to get down on your skill level. People take classes to improve, and all steps toward fitness are in the right direction :)

    Erin | Explore, Refresh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking in the sales is a great idea ! I really want to be able to practise at home to give me that little bit extra confidence :)

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  3. Yoga is something I definitely want to look into this year! This has really motivated me!
    Grace xx
    http://gracexkate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go for it ! I write about my yoga journey completely honestly in this series and if you want to hear about when I first started feel free to check out week one !

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  4. Oh, don't let yourself down, it's all about improving your abilities in the class, it's not a competition :) Best of luck to you! xx

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely enjoying working hard on my yoga and improving !

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  5. Yoga is a wonderful way to relax and discover more about yourself! Good luck <3

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping soon I'll be good enough to be able to relax while I'm doing !

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  6. I love that you always find something to improve on and implement it in a constructive way - it shows that you really want to progress and you care about yourself. Glad to hear that you're starting to get back into the swing of things. A cute yoga outfit will definitely help your self-confidence!

    Lindsey Elyse | lindseyginge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am determined to do this but moaning about things never gets you anywhere, you've got to make a plan and act on it ! I agreee :)

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  7. Loved this Marianne!! I totally agree, embracing that you're not the best at something is perfectly okay, as long as you're still enjoying yourself. Keep at it, you got this!! :) I haven't really tried much yoga, I've done it maybe once or twice, but I may try it at some point! When life gets less busy and I have more time haha :)

    ~Iris xx
    https://getupandoutblog.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's fun to do things you're not good at, it's refreshing to be purely competing with yourself rather than those around us :) You should definitely try and make time :)

      lots of love, Marianne xxx


      Delete
  8. Keep it up, Marianne!! You will only improve more and be more confident as time goes on :)

    -Lor
    acozyspace.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lor ! I look forward to when that happens :)

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  9. Enjoyed reading your latest post about yoga. I think considering you have had a break for Christmas you did great and should be proud of that. I also think it is a great idea that you are going to buy your own equipment because confidence comes with practice :) keep it up! Gemma xx

    http://thecreativepalette.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so great to see how passionate you are about yoga. Your confidence will definitely grow and take it from me, you're doing great :)

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should be proud of yourself, hun! You haven't given up after the break, instead you went back to it so congratulations! It's always difficult getting back into the swing of things after a little hiatus, but I'm sure you will get there and achieve your goals in no time, lovely! Good luck. :) xoxo

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so pleased you've found something you enjoy! It's a very similar story with me and pilates. I went to the first class and found it really difficult, holding all the poses and that. I haven't been back since but definitely need to so I can be just like you and feel better about myself! Good for you, Marianne and keep at it!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's nice to see your note-to-self about yoga ! I'm going to my yoga class tonight and hoping to enjoy it fully !

    - Audrey M.
    www.audreymarianne.com

    ReplyDelete