Some days life feels great, like sunshine and smiles and kittens. But other days it's just a bit rubbish and that's okay too. But today I wanted to share some ways of you to increase your general well being in little ways that could really benefit your mental health!
- Hydration - We all heard it over and over again, all the way through school " Drink more water, it's good for you " and I don't know about you but my usual response was " yeah ... that's great, but have you tried chocolate milkshake recently ? " . But over the last few months I've realized just how much upping my water intake does for me ! Not only is my skin clearer, but I'm way more focused and I feel better in myself :)
- Smile at EVERYONE - Seriously, I mean EVERYONE ! Channel sunshine, there's plenty of misery in the world, bring something new :) Just telling the person how serves you on the check out to " Have a lovely day " and giving that stranger you met eyes with in the street a smile, you'd be amazed at the lovely responses you get !
- Stretch in the morning - When you get up, stretch out like you would when warming up to do exercise, I've found this really helps me feel less sluggish through the mornings and much more ready to go so I'm more productive which is always a good thing.
- Accept and move on - This is something I've been using a lot lately , sometimes I get stressed or someone does something and it's really ( I mean REALLY ) not good , but at that time I react so badly you might as well of just killed off the whole human race. In these moments I'm trying to take a deep breath and say " Okay, that has just happened, I'm really sorry . Now it's over now so what can I do to improve the situation ." and I've found it really helps leave me in a much calmer and more reasonable mind frame .
- Give your body the nutrients it needs - If you feed your body on rubbish, what is it going to use to make you feel good ? You're not going to have energy if you don't give your body food with lots of vitamins that you need to make energy,are you ? So try taking vitamins regularly and eating lots of fresh fruit and protein :)
- Self date - Taking your self on a date and treating yourself like the brilliant person you are is a wonderful way to practice self love, if you want some more ideas for this then I wrote a post ideas that you can find here .
- Do what you love - Find something you're good at and love and find something you're bad at and love , do both <3
If you want to increase your well being but doing it all at once is too difficult then every month in my 'What's Been Wonderful' post I let you know one simple thing that I'm going to change over the coming month to improve my life ! If you'd like to join me in that challenge then you're very welcome :)
Let me know in the comments what you do to improve your wellbeing :)
Stay Strong <3 Stay Smiley :)
Lots of love, Marianne xxx