Tuesday 17 January 2017

Five Easy Ways to Practise Self Care

Hello, Lovely People ! 

One of my Monthly Goals for January is to be kinder to myself. So, today I thought I'd share with you five easy ways to practice self-care. It has become very clear to me that very rarely do we show ourselves the compassion that we show to others, which is rather silly considering how much you do every, single day. YOU deserve to be loved and respected by yourself. Practicing self-care isn't selfish or a waste or time, it's essential. Let's get going, shall we?



What Are You Excited About ? 


Ask yourself every morning " What am I excited about today ?". There should be something that you're excited about every day. It doesn't have to be big, some days it might be going on a date and others it might be going to yoga class. If there's really nothing then you'll know that you need to add something that makes you feel happy and excited to your day. Perhaps you could make a list of things that you do that make you happy and you could pick something off this list to do on the days in which you have nothing that excites you. 

A Lil Bit of Glitter 


Whether it's your favorite lippy or a pretty new top, glitzing our selves up always give us that extra boost! I was feeling really rubbish about myself last week so I went shopping and spent some to me finding clothes that I feel good in and I felt so much more confident wearing my new clothes it was unbelievable! You deserve to feel that good, I promise. 


Healthy Body, Healthy Mind


If you look after your body and eat well and exercise well, you will be amazed on the improvement you feel in your mental well being in such a short space of time ( I'm talking days, seriously ! ). Making sure you're getting the correct nutrients that your body needs is key to making sure that you feel great from the inside out. Think of it this way, think of your body as a petrol car, if you keep putting diesel (ie.junk food) into a petrol car it won't be able to run and will feel awful and sluggish.However, if you give it what it needs and fill it with petrol then the car will feel great and be bouncing around like a bunny! My point is, if you give your body what it needs, it will give you what you need. ( But please don't actually try and drink petrol hehe ) 

Me Time 


In our busy lives it can be hard to find time to just be with yourself, so try to schedule some time each week to sit with yourself and do something that you enjoy. You could go to a yoga class or do some cross stitching or read a book ! How do you like to spend your me time ? Let me know in the comments! 

Learn to Say No ... and Yes 

Firstly, trust me when I tell you that you do enough. It's okay to say no every once in a while. Too tired for that night out? Say no and have some rest. Don't have time for another extra-curricular activity? Say no, you're doing enough. On the other hand, don't turn down fantastic experiences that will make your heart race because you're afraid. Take chances and let yourself explore the world. Fill up your time with the things you love and nothing else. 

I hope these tips are helpful, I'd love to hear how you practice self-care in the comments and perhaps we can always learn something! 

Stay Strong <3 Stay Smiley :) 

lots of love, Marianne xxx

P.s. I'm very sorry for the lack of photography at the minute, I'm balancing A-levels with running a blog so I will sort this soon ! 










20 comments:

  1. Hi sweetie !
    Always love your posts so much. This one was super enjoyable and I also think too it's super important to have some things that you love in your everyday routine. And I'm also practising to say "no" more ofter but sometimes it's difficult ! Though I'm getting better at it. What's the point in saying yes to someone if it's not with your whole heart ?
    Wishing you the best for this week !

    - Audrey M.
    www.audreymarianne.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you honey, that honestly means the world to hear :) Saying no can be difficult but it definitely gets easier the more you practise, I completely agree that you should only do something if you really want to do it !

      lots of love,Marianne xxx

      Delete
  2. Practicing self-care is essential! I love your tips. Saying more yes and no when needed is such a good start!

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is !It's great to say yes to new experiences even if you're a little frightened :)

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  3. Love it. Please check out my new winter trend alert!

    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love

    Instagram @alionawithlove

    Twitter @alionawithlove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the post ! Have a lovely day :)

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  4. Wonderful tips Marianne! I think it is very important to know when it's good to say yes to opportunities and when to know once you've reached your limit and need some "me time!"
    Good luck with your a-levels :)

    Lindsey Elyse | lindseyginge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a hard skill learning to know your limit and a harder skill learning to defend it but it's well worth it !

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  5. I love this post! I always have bath to take care of myself, it gives me some me time so I can think about everything xx
    http://blossomofhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad ! Have a lovely day :)

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  6. I love the idea of asking yourself in the morning "what are you excited about today?"
    It's such a great, positive way to start the day and I'm going to give it a try!

    Carolyn x
    Faithfully Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've been using it and it really helped :)

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  7. A little late bu Happy New Year Marianne!! I hope your year has started very well dear :)
    I like everything you wrote. I think self care is very important. We can't really be kind to others if we are unkind to ourselves.
    I have to start practicing finding something to be excited about in the morning. I think that would make you very excited and get you to start the day with a very positive attitude. I'm happy with my workouts but still struggling with healthy eating.
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend dear :)
    xo
    Sauniya | Find Your Bliss ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been lovely thank you ! I hope the same for you :) For healthy eating there's a lovely new channel on youtube called HealthWithHattie and I came across the videos the other day and she has some great ideas :)

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  8. This is such a wonderful post to read. Its so important to find a balance of being able to say yes and no. And wearing clothes that you feel comfortable in makes such a huge difference for self confidence :)

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly think a nice outfit makes the world of difference ! I love glitzing myself up to give myself some extra confidence :)

      lots of love, Marianne xxx


      Delete
  9. I have loved reading this post and hearing your advice because, similar to you, this year I am trying to become a better 'me' and that starts with looking after myself more. I definitely agree about how just simply having a healthy body can improve your mood - btw I loved your petrol anecdote and I think learning to say yes or no depending on the situation is so important. Gemma xx

    http://thecreativepalette.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree looking after yourself is always the first step to becoming a better you :) I've recently found how good I feel when I eat well and seriously the impact it has on my mental state is amazing :)

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      Delete
  10. Happy new year Rainbow ! It's so lovely to hear from you ! Did you have a nice break ? I'm good and had a lovely Christmas, I even went to the harry potter studio tour :) AWw thank you honey, I hear killing your readers is bad practise ;) Thank you for your support honey, you must be sure to email me some time for a proper catch up !

    lots of love, Marianne xxx



    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. "A Lil Bit of Glitter" who knew that a post you wrote months ago would be EXACTLY what I needed to hear today. Thanks girlie xX sending love you and your girlfriends way!

    ReplyDelete