Hello There !
A few months back I did a tag and as part of it I mentioned the massive collage I have on the wall next to my bed and how I used it to keep me smiling on tough days ! The whole Idea for my wall was based around something Carrie Hope Fletcher said :
" Things haven't always been this bad, therefore they won't always be this bad. "
So I made my wall as a reminder of the times that made me smile and bits of motivation ! A few people in the comments asked to see more of my wall so today I decided to do a wall tour for you before I have to take it down to move house at some point next year !
Here are just of a few of my favourite bits ! I broke them down into sections to make it easier for both of us !
The Carrie Stuff :
1. Carries Face ! I've told you many times how much I love Carrie Hope Fletcher and everything she stands for, this woman is such an inspiration to me . So as you can imagine I was quite excited when my boyfriend got me a signed poster of her for my birthday ... I screamed so loud I had to go downstairs to reassure my mum I wasn't being murdered !
2. The original sign of the hopefuls that one of my friends drew me :)
3. Last December Carrie was on the final arena tour of War of The Worlds and my lovely dad took me to see it and I may or may not of cried. I mean I was only nine meters away from Carrie AND I had chocolate ice cream ... anyone would've got overwhelmed hehe .
4. Yes this is another of her signed posters with lyrics from one of her songs called " Running Through Rivers" On and her own illustrations :)
The Boyfriend Stuff :
5. About one and a half years a go now, I went with my boyfriends family to the Harry Potter Studios in London . They were amazing ! We drank butter bear and saw the amazing set and I bought a toy pygmy puff in the shop !
6. Here's some ice skating tickets from our 2 year anniversary and tickets for a film we went to see , I keep all our cinema tickets somewhere on my wall :) There's also a tag from one present he bought me that he wrote one of our favourite song quotes on .
7.Our Lets Go list hasn't been updated in a while we made it to remind us of all the things we want to do together like get matching Christmas pyjamas and go strawberry picking ... because were cool like that haha .
8. A friend that I don't really know any more drew this of me and my boyfriend in our teddies in a science class one time ... it's not the most accurate ( I don't and never have had green hair hehe ) but I do love it and its right next to my bed .
Little Reminders of Stuff :
9, 10, 11. Love, Live, Laugh. I found these really cute cut out letters for 40p each so put them together to make these words the features of my wall :)
12. I love Doctor Who and when I saw this article about the 12th Doctor ( Peter Capaldi ) making a video to comfort a young boy who had lost his grandma and it was really heart-warming to see his act of compassion so I wanted to remember it to help me remember that kindness is always necessary. I'll link to the video here !
Stuff to Keep Me Going :
13. A letter my best friend wrote me to read when I'm feeling down, I keep this by my bed where I can always get to it . My best friend is honestly the most caring, sensitive, kind young woman I have ever met and I don't know what I'd do without her.
14 and 15. I have a few little phrases and quotes on scraps of paper around my wall like " You are not in this alone" and "Life isn't about finding yourself, life is about creating yourself " .
16. When I was about 12 I got cast as the lead in our schools musical Olivia and it was a massive boost for my confidence and one of the few times I've actually got the chance to perform in front of an audience. Musical Theatre is such a big part of my life and I'm happiest when I'm singing so I always keep the programme from that performance to remind me of how happy I was then :)
I really hope you enjoyed seeing a few of the bits and bobs I keep to help me stay motivated and inspired around my world map . I use the map to remind me when stuffs going wrong that there's a lot more than just that in the world !
Stay Strong <3 Stay Smiley :)
Lots of love, Marianne xxx